Steps to Success Books
Become proficient in 5 popular sports using this sports technique book!
Build confidence and master the fundamentals of each sport covered in these books. They feature expert instruction with photographs and diagrams that are easy to follow, ensuring proper technique.
Outstanding, Clear Instruction
These textbooks provide step-by-step instruction and full color photos of the fundamental skills of 5 major sports. Students learn the basic skills first, and then progress to advanced skills as they improve. Sports covered in these books include badminton, golf, field hockey, soccer, and tennis.
Badminton Contents. 200 pages.
- Step 1. Racket Handling and Footwork
- Step 2. Serve
- Step 3. Forehand and Backhand Overhead
- Step 4. Clear
- Step 5. Drop Shot
- Step 6. Smash
- Step 7. Drive
- Step 8. Advanced Techniques
- Step 9. Tactics and Strategies
- Step 10. Doubles Play
- Step 11. Conditioning
Golf Contents. 163 pages.
- Climbing the Steps to Golf Success
- Step 1. Putting the Ball Into the Hole
- Step 2. Setting Up for the Shot
- Step 3. Chipping to the Green
- Step 4. Pitching From Farther Away
- Step 5. Taking a Full Swing
- Step 6. Ball Flight, Shot Patterns, and Club Selection
- Step 7. Overcoming Difficult Lies and Shots From the Rough
- Step 8. Escaping From Bunkers
- Step 9. Practice to Improve Performance
- Step 10. Managing the Course
- Step 11. The Mental Game of Golf
- Step 12. Continuing to Improve
Field Hockey Contents. 240 pages.
- Step 1. Balance and Footwork
- Step 2. Passing and Receiving
- Step 3. Controlling the Ball and Dribbling
- Step 4. Tackling
- Step 5. Shooting
- Step 6. Goalkeeping
- Step 7. Leading the Attack and Defense
- Step 8. Supporting the Lead Attacker
- Step 9. Supporting the Lead Defender
- Step 10. Organizing the Team’s System of Play
- Step 11. Functional Training
Soccer Contents. 272 pages.
- Keys to Diagrams
- Step 1. Dribbling, Shielding, and Tackling
- Step 2. Passing and Receiving Rolling Balls
- Step 3. Passing and Receiving Flighted Balls
- Step 4. Dominating the Air Game
- Step 5. Shooting to Finish the Attack
- Step 6. Goalkeeping
- Step 7. Winning One-on-One Matchups
- Step 8. Attacking As a Group
- Step 9. Defending As a Group
- Step 10. Attacking As a Team
- Step 11. Defending As a Team
- Step 12. Understanding Player Formations, Roles, and Responsibilities