Weight Training Book
Understand the importance of technique, weight loads, reps, and healthy eating with guidance in this book.
Take a progressive and safe approach to improve muscle endurance and strength in a school setting with help from this book. It includes more than 40 core, upper-body, and lower-body exercises explained by experts and demonstrated through full-color photos. Follow step-by-step directions to calculate safe training loads and customize a training program that fits your goals and preferences.
Lift Smarter, Not Harder
Technique is critical in weight training. The last thing you want is to have students suffer serious injuries because they are either lifting improperly or are attempting to lift too much weight. This 264-page book provides proper instruction for technique, weight loads, and reps, so you and your students can lift more effectively.
- Step 1. Equipment Options and Proper Use Guidelines
- Step 2. Stretching, Lifting, and Spotting Techniques
- Step 3. Selecting Exercises and Determining Training Loads
- Step 4. Chest Exercise Options and Loading Guidelines
- Step 5. Back Exercise Options and Loading Guidelines
- Step 6. Shoulder Exercise Options and Loading Guidelines
- Step 7. Upper Arm Exercise Options and Loading Guidelines
- Step 8. Leg Exercise Options and Loading Guidelines
- Step 9. Core Exercise Options and Loading Guidelines
- Step 10. Completing Your First Workout
- Step 11. Applying Program Design Principles
- Step 12. How to Manipulate the Program Design Variables to Maximize Results
- Step 13. How to Design Your Own Basic Program
- Step 14. Designing a Sport-Specific Training Program
- Step 15. Designing a High-Intensity Interval Training Program