Un-Manila Indoor Climbing Ropes
The look and feel of manila climb ropes with superior strength and 33% of the weight!
Enjoy superb durability in a lighter weight option than traditional manila ropes using these un-manila ropes. They combine the best features of manila and polyplus ropes to provide an optimal middle ground that’s ideal for most students. Choose from several rope lengths, knot styles, and end styles.
Measuring 1-1/2” dia for optimal grip, un-manila ropes are a supremely balanced climbing rope. They consist of a specially-manufactured, mildew-resistant polypropylene material that looks and feels like natural-fiber manila ropes, while also offering superior strength at 2/3 the weight. Because of the combination of manila and polyplus materials, these ropes have the benefit of being strong (polyplus) while also having superb grip (manila). These ropes are also rot and mildew resistant to promote longevity.
Find the Ideal Rope
With several lengths available, it’s easy to select the best rope for your gym or activity area. Custom lengths are also available; contact us for details. Climbing ropes should measure the full distance between the floor and ceiling, with a foot of length deducted from the bottom to prevent spooling. Choose from 3 knots types and 2 end styles to complete your rope.
Knot Type Options:
- No Knot. Traditional rope with no knots is the most challenging option; best for older students.
- Rest Grip Knots. Includes knots woven and spliced into the rope at 18" intervals to provide a better grip.
- Beginner Knots. Large knots tied in the rope every 18" for more climbing assistance. Ideal option for younger students and beginning climbers.
End Style Options:
- Polyboot End. Includes a non-raveling poly "boot" permanently attached to the rope-end. This is the most durable option for rope longevity. It ensures the rope end will stay intact even under heavy duress.
- Turk's Head Knot End. Leather seat and knot provide stability and a sure starting point as a "platform" foot hold. This is a great option for beginners because they can balance on the platform and get situated before starting to climb.