Heart Education Book
Teach students ages 11 and up about the concepts of cardiovascular fitness with heart monitoring technology.
Heart rate monitoring technology keeps gaining momentum in students' lives. It is engaging and can provide essential feedback for living a healthy lifestyle. This book includes a 10-step healthy heart guide program with lesson plans to teach them how to apply basic monitoring functions, set attainable goals, and choose appropriate exercises to meet those goals. A web resource with 25 workouts is also included.
Self-Motivated Health Resource
With the prevalence of heart disease in America, it is important for teachers to instill good habits for tracking and maintaining heart health at an early age. This book uses a 10-step program with accompanying lesson plans to help students ages 11 to 18 learn and apply basic heart monitoring functions, set realistic goals for their own health and fitness and athletic performance, and choose appropriate activities to meet those goals.
An accompanying web resource with 25 workouts and strategies for using heart zones is also included. The end result of this instruction focuses on self-motivated health and improved heart rate tracking.
Lesson Plan Finder
- Module 1. Jump-Start: A Quick Reference for Getting Started
- Module 2. Measuring and Recording Heart Rate Data
- Module 3. Monitoring Heart Rate
- Module 4. Heart Zones Methodology
- Module 5. Setting Fitness Goals
- Module 6. Heart Zones Training
- Module 7. Heart Zones Workouts
- Module 8. Sport Applications
- Module 9. Periodized Training for Sport Performance
- Module 10. Training the Emotional Heart
- Module 11. Enhancing Health Through Outdoor Recreation
Appendix A. Heart Rate Monitor Hardware Guide
Appendix B. Biomechanics of the Heart
Appendix C. Circuit Training for Assessing Fitness Improvement
Appendix D. Recommended Health Assessments