Items 13-24 of 27
From PE to varsity level, buy an outstanding basketball backboard from Gopher Sport!
Ensure each shot is played with dependable basketball backboards and rims, designed for indoor or outdoor play. Ranging from elementary use to pro competition, we offer a large selection of options in glass, acrylic, steel, aluminum, and fiberglass backboards in rectangular or fan shapes. You are bound to find one to suit the needs of your class, team, or rec program.
Which backboard is right for me?
- Rectangular: The backboard of choice for high school, college, and pro competition, in official 72”W x 42”H or 72”W x 48”H sizes. Provides more room for play and bank shots than fan-shaped backboards.
- Fan-Shaped: A streamlined, noncompetition backboard often used for side courts and where space is at a premium. Doesn’t offer as much space for bank shots as rectangular boards.
- Glass: The choice for high school, college, and pro competition. Superior performer for rebounding and durability; approximately four times as heavy as acrylic. Mass and material dissipates nearly all vibrations. Indoor/outdoor use.
- Acrylic: Provides the clean look of glass without the expense. Thicker acrylic equals better play. Heavier framing around board (aluminum or steel) improves rebounding characteristics. The next best alternative to glass backboards. Indoor/outdoor use.
- Steel: A durable choice, especially for outdoor and side courts. Does not have the playability and rebounding capabilities as other materials but does have the longevity and strength. Indoor/outdoor use.
- Aluminum: Tough, rustproof, and lightest in weight but does not have the true playability of other options. A good choice for recreational and outdoor use.
- Fiberglass: Offers a superior rebound similar to glass and acrylic. Lighter than steel. Great choice for day-to-day play. Indoor/outdoor use.
Find the best backboard for your court from Gopher!